Sunday, September 4, 2016

Birthmas

I'm an only child and am legitimately spoiled, even now that I'm married and thirty-mumble years old. This birthday was particularly bad; my parents took me to lunch on my birthday, another lunch over the weekend, and we celebrated with both lunch and dinner the following weekend. Poor Hubs has a birthday that's within days of Christmas, and (rightfully) laments the fact that his birthday celebration usually consists of a ten-minute timeout on Christmas day when all the family is gathered.

Hubs: We just ate your fourth birthday meal. Fourth.
Me: I know.
Hubs: I can't wait to enjoy my birthday White Castles that I have to eat in the drive thru while I'm still in the car.
My mom: No... It's your fortieth, right?
Hubs: Yes.
My mom: So you can go through the drive thru two times!

No comments:

Post a Comment